201: Keepsake Box $100
4/23, 9:00 am-4:00 pm
Learn how to make a timeless gift by learning box-making essentials. All materials will be provided.
- Reading plans and milling lumber
- Measuring and marking
- Operating a jointer and surface planer
- Using a miter saw, table saw, and bandsaw
- Making a spline miter joint
- Cutting a rabbet, dado
- Gluing and clamping
- Sanding and strategies for finishing
202: Picture Frame $100
4/30, 9:00 am-5:00 pm
In this 6 hour workshop participants will learn the skills necessary to cut, assemble, and finish a fine art frame to fit an 8 x 10; print. All materials will be provided, including wood, glass and backing. Participants will walk home with their very own keepsake frame.
- Reading plans
- Cutting miters on a table saw using a sled
- Cutting rabbets on a table saw
- Making biscuit joints
- Gluing joints properly
- Proper sanding techniques, sanding block, palm sander
- Finishing wood
203: Wall Hanging Cabinet $250
203a: 5/7, 9:30-4:00 pm
203b: 5/11, 6:00-9:00 pm
Learn the basics of cabinet making on a small scale by making a wall hanging cabinet! All material including hinges and knobs are included.
- Read plans
- Marking and measuring
- Drill shelf holes
- Dadoing and rabbeting
- Dowel joinery
- Fitting and hanging doors
- Installing and aligning hardware
- *Note* some additional time outside of class may be needed for completion. Open shop opportunities will be handled on a case by case basis at no additional charge.