A great Father's day present! This is a fast version of our regular hardwood cutting board class. All wood is pre-cut for you to speed up the process.
Come and enjoy the scent of fresh cut wood by making a beautiful 11 x 15 hardwood cutting board from a variety of woods in The Foundry's professional wood shop. This is a beginner level class, no prior experience required.
In this class you will:
- Learn how to match wood properties to suit your intended project
- Become familiar with using the planer, router, and sander
- Learn strategies and techniques for gluing and clamping
- Learn how to choose the appropriate finish for your project
Day 1: Thursday, June 8th 6-8pm
- Intro- cover basic safety guidelines and sign waivers
- Review project details
- Select wood
- Glue-up and clamp
Day 2: Saturday, June 10th 3-6pm
- Plane board to final size
- Route juice strip and pocket handles (optional)
- Sand and finish
$79 Class Fee- Materials Included (One Board per Person per Ticket)
5 hours total instruction time
Capacity: 4 min/ 8 Max
Ages 16+ with signed waiver
Ticket purchases are now handled through EventBrite; you will be redirected to their site to complete your orders. No walk-ins. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with payment concerns.
June 01, 2017 at 6pm - June 03, 2017