Business Development Assistant Position
Description: The Business Development Assistant will provide one-on-one mentorship to business tenants at The Foundry, manage space rental and develop and implement a series of step-by-step workshops for small businesses focused on tangible, practical solutions to capacity building challenges. This position will be critical in connecting The Foundry to the WNY entrepreneurial ecosystem and ensure we continue to be a resource for small maker businesses, particularly for women and entrepreneurs of color.
- Manage Foundry tenant applications and coordinate with Office Manager re: tenant spaces and leases
- Facilitate one-on-one mentorship and incubator services for Foundry tenants and other businesses within the WNY community
- Assist business owners with grant / loan applications, as needed
- Develop and implement a series of step-by-step workshops with implementable solutions for small business challenges, particularly focused on The Foundry’s unique skill sets and resources
- Assist with marketing and recruitment of small businesses to participate in workshop sessions
- Monitor business progress throughout step-by-step workshops and one-on-one mentoring sessions
- Document incubator processes and curriculum to ensure that The Foundry has access to content for future
- Act as Foundry representative for anything entrepreneurship-related (i.e. monthly Microenterprise Collaborative gatherings, partnership meetings w/ Beverly Gray Business Exchange, etc)
- Relevant experience in running a business and/or a degree in a related field
- Strong interpersonal, written and oral communication skills
- Must be highly organized and self-motivated
- Committed to supporting a diverse community, able to work positively and inclusively with participants of different ages, races, gender, economic status
- Ability to use Zoom and/or other conferencing software
- Knowledge of or willingness to learn various software systems (i.e. basics of accounting software, CRM systems, etc)
Part time starting at $20.50/hr, Flexible hours (~20hrs/week), but must be available to work Monday evenings 6-9pm and some weekends depending on workshop schedule.
The Foundry seeks to hire staff who reflect the diversity of the communities they serve. All positions are filled without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, HIV/AIDS status, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law. All are encouraged to apply.
To Apply: Send resume, cover letter, examples of past work and references to [email protected].