Volunteer Supervisor at The Foundry (3-4 hours per month)
The Foundry is looking for skilled makers interested in supervising our shared makerspaces. Responsibilities will include spreading enthusiasm for making, giving people advice on their projects when they ask and helping people stay safe while using our makerspaces. Volunteer supervisors are granted complimentary access to use our makerspaces during Open Maker Hours in return for volunteering. We are seeking makers skilled in wood, metal, tech or textile.
- Experience in making (specifically in tech, textiles, wood or metal)
- Proficient use and setup of standard equipment specific to makerspace
- Basic tool maintenance
- 1 shift (3-4 hours) per month supervising/volunteering in the makerspaces
- Willingness to learn from others
- Excited about teaching, accepting of diversity
- Attend quarterly supervisor meetings
- Familiarity with working in a shared environment
- Desire to assist in building a shop and educational space
- 1 Monday per month, 6-9pm
- 1 Saturday per month 9-1pm
Do you enjoy working behind the scenes and have professional expertise that you would like to contribute? Or are you looking to gain experience or build your portfolio? Serve as a member of one of our committees! Our committee volunteers are the nuts and bolts of our organization.
- Building/IT - includes volunteer workdays, doing tasks around the building, working on IT systems, etc.
Development - Fundraising, Event Planning (meets monthly, more during events)
- Garden - meets Wednesday afternoons, or watering duties throughout the growing season!
Send inquiries to: [email protected]
- Foundry Greeter - Greet and direct visitors, assist with light administrative work.
- Photography/Videographers - take head shots of our businesses, capture inspiring footage, create content to share with our community
To sign in for volunteer days, please fill out this form!