Seeking Makerspace Coordinator (Full-time VISTA Position)
Make a difference by spending a year at The Foundry where you'll learn and grow. Serve as a team member in this dynamic not-for-profit organization formed to support vibrant small businesses and a growing makerspace community!
Description: The Foundry is seeking a Makerspace Coordinator to maintain equipment and manage our shared facilities. This opportunity will include supporting the day to day operations for our 5 makerspaces (woodshop, metalshop, textile, advanced manufacturing and technology). The Makerspace Coordinator will be responsible for training supervisors for each shared space, ensuring safe operating conditions, and coordinating material and tool acquisitions. This person will work with the management team, adhering to company policy and procedures and upholding the company’s mission, philosophy and values.
Work closely with the management team to ensure all educational programming can function within the makerspaces. Programming includes but is not limited to:
- Community Classes (adult classes, walk-in Wednesdays, Saturdays)
- Youth Classes (3 hr classes, after school programs, field trips, etc)
- Work with approximately 25 makerspace supervisors via phone, skype, and email
- Create regular ordering and maintenance schedules for makerspace material and equipment
- Perform regular scheduled maintenance on equipment
- Create and implement proper safety protocols and student safety orientations
- Identify and solicit volunteer makerspace supervisors
- Work closely with the management team to maximize the revenue.
- Ability to work evenings and Saturdays.
- Oversee proper cleaning of entire facility
Experience and Qualifications:
- Experience in machine maintenance
- Basic knowledge of various trades and relevant hands-on experience
- Experience working within diverse, urban environments
- Enthusiasm to teach others
Knowledge and Skills:
- A desire and ability to relate to and continue learning about growing occupational fields and relevant equipment.
- Must be self-disciplined, driven, able to demonstrate initiative, maintain confidentiality, competitive, attentive to details, persistent, and personable.
- Ability to work well within a team environment.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities.
- Must have up to date drivers license and vehicle.
- Ability to communicate via email and use online booking software
|SUMMARY OF POSITION
|Serve New York VISTA: The Foundry|
|Program Start/End Date|
|03/19/2018 - 03/18/2019|
|Work Schedule||Full Time|
|Minimum: 18 Maximum: None|
|Program Locations||NEW YORK|
|From 12/18/2017 To 02/28/2018|