The Tech Lab houses a set of small 3D printers for beginners, classes and groups (M3Ds) and an Ultimaker for advancing in 3D printing. For those interested in subtractive rather than additive projects - we have lasers! A Glowforge for cutting and etching prototypes and our "Big Red Monster" which is available to members for low-cost making.
A wide variety of donated and reclaimed components of all shapes and sizes are here for electronics projects. We have boards, LEDs and a soldering station. There is a Museduino, some Arduinos, and countless options for learning and tinkering. In general, members are expected to provide their own components as needed beyond the basics.
More experienced members and lab supervisors are available for advice on parts, processes and tools — come by!
Tools available in this Lab include:
- M3D Micro Printers (6)
- Laser Engravers (2)
- Ultimaker III 3D Printer
- Computers - can use for 3D and design work (Fusion 360, Meshmixer, VcarvePro)
- Soldering Stations
How to Join
Genrally, prospective members enroll in a tech lab orientation, and then sign up for a Basic Plus or Pro MEMBERSHIP within The Foundry makerspaces, ranging from $30 to $100 per month. Storage lockers are also available for Members!
BUT, if you take a class in the TechLab this Winter, you get a free membership through March!
TECH LAB HOURS (when classes are not in session)
Tuesday - Thursday: 12pm - 8pm
- Members need to sign up in advance for makerspace hours during the times listed above though our reservation system.
- You must book 8 hours in advance. This gives the supervisors a heads up about who to expect.
- Time slots are first come, first serve.
- You can book slots up to 2 weeks in advance.
For more information please contact us by email at email@example.com.