The Textile Lab contains eight sewing machines, a single-head embroidery machine, as well as a range of fabrics and supplies for different course-based and community projects. The Kniterate, a digital knitting machine, is on it way (thanks to a grant from the Garman Family Foundation)!
Materials from the Tech Lab can be used in the Textile Lab to support "sew electric" projects and LED embedded knitware.
We look forward to hosting additional classes and programming for members. Some examples:
- Computerized file set-up for digital embroidery
- Knitting Socks, scarves, hats
- Recycling and reusing fabrics for clothing repurposing and the Fiber Arts
- Setting up two Large Standard Looms - preparation for multiple-harness weaving
- Sew Electric - using conductive thread to create wearables and soft creatures
- Quilting Classes
How to Join
Prospective members enroll in a free textile lab orientation and then sign up for Basic, Basic Plus, or Pro membership. The Foundry makerspace MEMBERSHIPS range from $30 per month to $100 per month. Storage lockers are available for Members.
TEXTILE LAB HOURS
Update 1/2021 - All our Makerspaces are currently closed due to COVID-19 restrictions. We will update you as soon as we are able to reopen. Thank you!
- Members need to sign up in advance for makerspace hours during the times listed above though our reservation system.
- You must book 8 hours in advance. This gives the supervisors a heads up of who to expect.
- Time slots are first come, first serve.
- You can book slots up to 2 weeks in advance.
For more information please contact us by email at [email protected]