The Textile Lab contains eight sewing machines, a single-head embroidery machine, as well as a range of fabrics and supplies for different course-based and community projects. The Kniterate, a digital knitting machine, is on it way (thanks to a grant from the Garman Family Foundation)!
Materials from the Tech Lab can be used in the Textile Lab to support "sew electric" projects and LED embedded knitware.
We look forward to hosting additional classes and programming for members. Some examples:
- Computerized file set-up for digital embroidery
- Knitting Socks, scarves, hats
- Recycling and reusing fabrics for clothing repurposing and the Fiber Arts
- Setting up two Large Standard Looms - preparation for multiple-harness weaving
- Sew Electric - using conductive thread to create wearables and soft creatures
How to Join
Prospective members enroll in a free textile lab orientation and then sign up for Basic, Basic Plus, or Pro membership. The Foundry makerspace MEMBERSHIPS range from $30 per month to $100 per month. Storage lockers are available for Members.
Monday through Thursday: 9am-8pm (when classes are not in session)
Friday and Saturday: 10am-4pm