In accordance with NYS law, The Foundry has new health and safety policies to keep the community safe. In re-opening, we are prioritizing our core mission to support maker businesses and youth education first, followed by adult classes and other events that make The Foundry a fun place to be.
For the summer, The Foundry will be hosting the following groups:
- Business Tenants - businesses have 24/7 access to their space. Tenants receive support through a partnership with The Beverly Gray Center. Click here for more information about renting space at The Foundry.
- Mayor Summer Internship Program - several students will spend a month learning about making and entrepreneurship with us this summer.
- WNY YouthBuild - students and staff will be happy to be back on site through their workforce development program in the coming weeks.
- Foundry Staff - staff will be on-site with a rotating work from home schedule. If you need to speak to a certain staff member please make an appointment.
- Makerspace & Adult Class Participants - re-opening to the public is currently planned for the end of July. Safety is priority. Please be patient as we reach out to you individually about using the makerspaces and rescheduling classes. We will be testing systems and protocols to make sure we can safely manage an increase in people at The Foundry facility.
Walk-in Wednesday tours and other non-registration activities will be postponed in order to reduce the number of people using The Foundry at this time. Thank you for understanding.
In Other News
Advanced Manufacturing Training Program
Students have been assembling electronics kits at home with virtual help from Foundry instructors. They will be placed in on-site internships with local manufacturing companies in July. We are so proud of the work they've accomplished throughout this time period. Stay tuned for the next advanced manufacturing training starting in Fall.
Please consider supporting this program as we continue to provide opportunities for unemployed and underemployed individuals.
Fun Projects Made at The Foundry
Foundry Supporter Miriam Kelley shared this picture of a trellis she made in a past adult welding class. Proceeds from adult classes support The Foundry's core mission, providing opportunities to maker businesses and maker education for youth. We're looking forward to rescheduling classes in the not too distant future.
In Case You Missed It
- The Foundry's commitment to equity - To the WNY Community: A statement about recent events.
- Foundry Business Billamy's Woodworking was featured on the Bay House Artisans website.
- Foundry Business Bullhead Graphics can help you welcome people back into your business with signs and banners and more.
- If you need masks, check out Foundry Businesses Grafieti and Shasworld Customs.
Keep wearing those masks and social distancing....stay tuned friends.