2024 Job Opportunities
STEAM Middle School Instructor (posted 1/10/24, to start ASAP)
Location: Buffalo, NY
Type: Contract (generally 3-6pm, depends on day/school)
Reports to: Education Director
Description: Join us to support the next generation of makers, artists, scientists and engineers! The Foundry is seeking contract instructors to teach middle school students during the school year. This opportunity includes attending training prior to teaching and a commitment of at least 6 hours/week, two afterschool days. Instructors will be responsible for ensuring a safe and fun learning environment for youth throughout the school year and will report to our Education Director.
- Work closely with our Education Director to ensure all educational programming can function successfully offsite at area middle schools.
- Instruct students using STEAM lesson plans from The Foundry’s established curriculum
- Communicate any materials and tools needed for ongoing STEAM programming
- Participate in Instructor trainings as needed
- Manage Student Outcomes - Keep Students Engaged in the learning process
- Enthusiasm for teaching young people and general understanding of youth development
- Skills in STEAM and hands-on making preferred
- Desire and ability to relate to and continue learning about growing occupational fields, relevant equipment and emerging products
- Must be self-disciplined, attentive to details, able to demonstrate initiative, and maintain confidentiality
- Ability to successfully manage a group of 12-`15 middle school students
- Must be able to transport yourself and any teaching materials to offsite locations (within city limits)
- Must be available during the following after school time: 3-6pm (+/- 30 minutes depending on which schools and what days), plus some planning hours and a weekly check-in with our Education Director.
How to Apply:
Apply through Indeed.
This is a contract instructor position for Spring 2024. Opportunity to continue teaching additional classes (summer/fall 2024) may be possible.
We are always looking for part-time and contract instructors! Do you have a skill that aligns with the things we teach? Connect with us! We encourage you to come and introduce yourself. You never know when we'll have a position opening, so get to know us!