2023 Job Opportunities
DEVELOPMENT DIRECTOR (posted 7/27/23)
The Development Director will help the team realize the mission, vision, and values of the organization. The successful candidate is comfortable with diverse audiences, recognizes the transformative power of making and entrepreneurship, and believes tools and maker resources should be accessible to everyone. This position will work closely with The Foundry’s Executive Director to strengthen the culture of giving and support throughout The Foundry community. The Development Director is responsible for the management of the development plan, which includes the annual giving campaign and grant applications.
- Work with the Executive Director and Development Committee to implement a comprehensive development plan including grants, annual appeal, and donor engagement.
- Work with the Executive Director to maintain grants calendar, write grants and ensure timely implementation including applications, payments, and reports.
- Plan and implement strategies to identify, prioritize, cultivate, and solicit existing prospects and new donors for individual, corporate, and foundation gifts.
- Manage the timely acknowledgement of gifts and make sure that all types of donations (cash, pledges, matching gifts, and planned gifts) are properly documented in online database
- Coordinate the production and distribution of recurring appeals and stewardship materials
- Assist with the writing and editing of appeals, acknowledgements, donor news, reports, and proposals
- Bachelor’s degree or other demonstrated/significant and equal experience in fundraising, grant-writing, and successful development in the non-profit industry.
- Impeccable English writing skills are a must.
- Passion for entrepreneurship and making is important.
- Experience using a CRM database is a plus--strong determination and quick learning of new digital tools could be an equal asset. Must be comfortable with a digital environment; experience with the google workspace is preferable.
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills are an asset.
- Ability to follow instructions independently,follow-through, and anticipate future needs is a must.
The Foundry values diversity and inclusion throughout our city and within our organization. People of color, women, LGBTQ individuals, and people with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $44,720.00 per year
- Dental insurance
- Employee discount
- Flexible schedule
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
Work Location: Hybrid remote in Buffalo, NY 14208
This is a full time position. All Foundry staff are able to utilize our makerspaces for their own projects during non-work time as a perk of working for our organization. A background check will be required to instruct on-site at area schools.
Apply on Indeed.
Youth Development Coach (posted 8/8/2023)
Apply on Indeed.
We are always looking for part-time and contract instructors - do you have a skill that aligns with the things we teach? Connect with us! We encourage you to come and introduce yourself. You never know when we'll have a position opening, so get to know us!