After School STEAM Instructor (posted 7/29/2022)
Description: Join us to support the next generation of makers, artists, scientists and engineers! The Foundry is seeking an After School Instructor to teach middle school students the basics of electricity, circuits, soldering and other fun STEAM activities. This part-time opportunity includes attending training prior to teaching and a commitment of at least one semester of after school programming Monday through Thursday. This staff member will be responsible for ensuring a safe and fun learning environment for youth throughout the school year and will report to our Director of Curriculum and Instruction.
- Work closely with our Director of Curriculum and Instruction to ensure all educational programming can function successfully offsite at area middle schools.
- Instruct students using STEAM lesson plans from The Foundry’s established curriculum
- Communicate any materials and tools needed for ongoing STEAM programming
- Participate in Instructor trainings (at least 2x per year)
- Manage Student Outcomes - Keep Students Engaged in the learning process
- Must commit to a Monday-Thursday 3-6pm schedule, plus a brief weekly check-in with our Director of Curriculum and Instruction.
- Enthusiasm for teaching young people and general understanding of youth development
- Desire and ability to relate to and continue learning about growing occupational fields, relevant equipment and emerging products
- Must be self-disciplined, attentive to details, able to demonstrate initiative, and maintain confidentiality
- Ability to successfully manage a group of 12-15 middle school students
- Must have your own transportation and bring teaching materials from The Foundry to offsite locations (schools are within city limits)
This is a part time position, ~15 hours per week. All instructors are able to utilize our makerspaces for their own projects during non-work time as a perk of working for our organization.
The Foundry encourages applicants regardless of their criminal history, personal challenges, socioeconomic status, race, ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, or religious beliefs.
To apply: Email [email protected] with resume and cover letter telling us a bit about yourself.