FOUNDRYmade Project Manager
Description: This position will work closely with Foundry leadership to continue to develop a successful social enterprise, FOUNDRYmade. Growing this initiative will include workforce supervision, product development, sales and marketing. The ideal candidate is entrepreneurial and a capable project manager with a passion for supporting young people exploring career options.
More About FOUNDRYmade: For many years The Foundry staff and students informally worked together to make items utilizing The Foundry’s makerspace tools and equipment. To increase organizational revenue and expand part-time employment opportunities for students, we formalized this process by building and strengthening FOUNDRYmade as a social enterprise. We are seeking to grow revenue to maintain several full and part time positions within the next 2-3 years.
- Collaborating with other staff and instructors to develop, implement and manage FOUNDRYmade
- Managing students hired for FOUNDRYmade program
- Ensuring proper materials and tools are on-site to consistently fulfill FOUNDRYmade orders
- Scheduling and completing production of FOUNDRYmade items, even during non-program spans when students are not available
- Working to guarantee all aspects of the production/sales process for products are handled professionally
- Implementing follow-up activities so all sales inquiries are identified, scheduled, completed and documented
- Acting as FOUNDRYmade liaison with local companies and partners on product requirements and orders
- Working closely with The Foundry team to maximize FOUNDRYmade revenue
- Relevant experience in project management and/or entrepreneurship
- Consistently compelled to see things through - despite fabrication and timeline challenges that arise
- Familiarity with and/or willingness to learn computer-assisted design, woodworking, metalworking, textile, or tech-related skills
- Strong interpersonal, written and oral communication skills
- Creative and strategic thinker with the ability to manage multiple projects
- Experience developing and managing budgets and supervising personnel
- Committed to supporting a diverse community, able to work positively and inclusively with participants of different ages, races, gender, economic status
- Flexible; possessing the ability to wear “different hats” on short notice
This is a full-time position, $21-23/hr with the opportunity for growth based on revenue of social enterprise. We work hard to embrace diversity and inclusion and encourage everyone at The Foundry to bring their authentic selves to work every day. We offer flexible work hours and other benefits to all of our full-time employees including:
- SIMPLE IRA with employer match
- Healthcare Stipend toward Medical, Dental and Vision Coverage
- Generous Paid Time Off and Holidays
The Foundry seeks to hire staff who reflect the diversity of the communities we serve. All positions are filled without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, HIV/AIDS status, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law. All are encouraged to apply.
To Apply: Send resume, cover letter, examples of past work and references to [email protected].