The Foundry works with an average of 30 maker businesses annually, providing private rentable space and shared makerspaces that tenants have access to: a woodshop, metalshop, tech, textile and digital fabrication lab. Our business tenants are the driving force in a lot of the programming and activity at The Foundry and are oftentimes educators in our youth and adult programs!
Maker businesses at The Foundry receive many benefits of being on-site, including:
- Shared operating costs: Instead of purchasing space, equipment and services all individually, multiple businesses share the costs. Tenants sharing the same space reduces utility, internet, and insurance costs. Additionally, Foundry businesses have access to equipment which they would otherwise have to buy as part of their start-up cost of operating their business. This lowers the financial barriers for makers to get their businesses started.
- Administrative assistance: In partnership with The Beverly Gray Center, WEDI, and several other non-profit partners, The Foundry offers tenants free workshops and confidential business mentoring regardless of the business’ development stage.
- Professionalism: Oftentimes maker-businesses start in a house or garage, but grow to need a space that separates business and personal life. Operating from The Foundry provides businesses with a professional platform from which to operate.
- Camaraderie of fellow entrepreneurs: At The Foundry, tenants join a community of business owners helping each other to succeed.
"The minute I walked into The Foundry, there were people to help me and amazing access to tools. There were always people working when I came in, and we shared experiences that helped our businesses grow." -- Viktoria Ciostek, Knotty Moose (custom frames, past tenant)
What You Can Do
Buy Through E-commerce
You can support our community of maker businesses through e-commerce or by commissioning a new project!
Foundry tenants excel at making a variety of products and providing a wide range of services.
- Do you need promotional materials developed or printed? Artistic stationary?
- Do you require Stained Glass repair?
- Are you looking at your garden and thinking - I need a bird feeder?
Please consider making a purchase now to support the local maker economy!
Sponsor a Space
The Foundry’s affordable spaces make it possible for tenants to grow their small businesses. Your donation will help to maintain a workspace for one of those businesses at The Foundry.
Engage through Social Media
You can Follow, Like, Share and Tag The Foundry’s current business tenants on their social media accounts. This type of support is free to give, helps to promote local businesses, and establishes vital personal connections.