Experiential learning meets school-based standards as students explore career options in woodworking, metalworking and maker-based technologies located in our shops and labs.
We currently partner with WNY YouthBuild (ages 16-24), OLV Human Services (ages 14-21), and Health Sciences Charter School (9-12th grade). Primarily in semester-long programs, students develop different skill sets and build pathways towards potential careers by collaborating on projects that are placed out in the Buffalo community. We celebrate all completed building projects, or the final placement of benches, trellises, planters and other Foundry-made items, with on-site ribbon-cutting events to recognize student success and the work achieved.
Each year we select a small number of proposals to construct for the community. If your organization would like to collaborate with us on developing a student designed and fabricated project, please start the process by completing this form.
Some projects students have completed:
- Little Pantries for Feed Buffalo
- Little Libraries for neighborhood organizations
- Game/picnic table for BRRAlliance, Dearborn Street Community Garden
- Glass and restored metal tables for outdoor dining at the Northland Workforce Training Center
- Construction of new incubator spaces for on-site entrepreneurs at The Foundry
- Mobile market carts for The African Heritage Food Co-op and Groundwork Market Garden
- Benches, a trellis, and a giant Adirondack chair for the Outer Harbor
- Blue bike racks for sites around Buffalo
- Garbage receptacles, signs and planters for local community gardens
- Outdoor seating for WEDI’s Grant Street office.
To learn more contact firstname.lastname@example.org